News Articles - Shared Services
The Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has published proposed rules amending the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) to expand the use of private on-site inspection agencies, in accordance with the law adopted last year. Read on...
Recently, the League’s federal partner, the National League of Cities (NLC), hosted the Overcoming Barriers to Expanding Broadband in American Communities webinar. The webinar recording and slides are now available to review. Read on...
S-1350/A-5430, which establishes procedures and standards regarding public services privatization contracts, has been released from committees. Read on...
- North Wildwood, Wildwood, and Wildwood Crest to seek state grant for feasibility study for shared fire/EMS services. Submitted to The Press of Atlantic City by Brian Cunniff, Borough of Wildwood Crest, Feb. 6, 2020
- Murphy Administration Announces Shares Services Agreements Milestone, a press release posted on DCA website February 5, 2020
- More New Jersey towns are trying to ease the pain of ’crippling’ property taxes by sharing services, The Philadelphia Inquirer, December 26, 2019.
- Shared Service Bill, S1, Posted on NJLM’s Legislative Backgrounder Blog: The Town Crier, February 21, 2018
- Lake Cuomo Police Department Closed and Contracted to Belmar, May 11, 2016
- Sea Bright Examines Whether to Consolidate with Neighboring Towns, June 4, 2014
- Despite Push by Christie and Other Officials, New Jersey Not Yet Embracing Municipal Government Consolidation: Support for Municipal Consolidation Has Declined Since 2010, Rutgers Eagleton Center for Public Interest Polling, April 22, 2014
- Bordentown Township Committee to Introduce Proposal to Share Lawn Maintenance With School District, June 24, 2013
- Galloway Township Approves Manager-Sharing Plan With Absecon, June 25, 2013
- Tax Assessment Improvement Program to Test at Shore, February 4, 2013
- To Fight Crime, a Poor City Will Trade In Its Police, September 28, 2012
- Two Municipalities Being Added to Shared Court in Clinton Township, September 26, 2012
- Camden County to Form Regional Police Department, New Jersey-Real Time News, August 2, 2011