This week, Governor Murphy announced the use of American Rescue Plan Act funds to bolster the implementation of the Foreclosure Prevention Act and declared February 23 through March 1 Boost NJ2 Week to encourage New Jerseyans get their booster doses.
COVID Data for Friday, February 18, 2022:
- 1,931 new positive cases for a total of 1,862,636 confirmed cases
- 38 new confirmed deaths for a total of 29,698 confirmed deaths
- The rate of transmission is 0.6.
- 19 new outbreaks linked within the school setting. This brings the statewide total number of outbreaks directly related to in-school activity since mid-August 2020 to 503 outbreaks linked to 3,433 school outbreaks.
- 13,596,250 vaccine doses have been administered, including 7,628,198 who have received at least one dose, and 6,474,108 who are fully vaccinated. In addition, the following additional doses have been administered: 1,550,506 of Pfizer, 1,298,030 of Moderna, and 62,783 of J&J.
Boost NJ2 Week
The Boost NJ2 Week event will run February 23 through March 1. Boost NJ2 week will include to date, 177 vaccination locations, including 42 Walmarts. In addition, there will be pop-up clinics in schools and churches, megasites, hospitals, universities, health departments, independent pharmacies, and mobile units.
To kick off the week, members of the Health Department’s senior staff will attend vaccination clinics sponsored by Walmart - the CURE Arena in Trenton, CHEMED in Lakewood, and the Passaic County megasite in Wayne. Other FQHCs that are participating include the Jewish Renaissance Foundation Community Health Center in Edison and Zufall Health Center in Somerville. You can find a list of the specific sites participating in Boost NJ2 week at covid19.nj.gov/boostnj as well as a full list of vaccination sites at covid19.nj.gov/finder.
Housing Assistance & Counseling: Foreclosure Prevention & Emergency Rescue Mortgage Assistance Program (from the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency) and free housing counseling: www.njerma.com; 855-647-7700.
NJ PCR Tests: For NJ Department of Health and Vault Medical Service free PCR test requests visit, https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nj/.
Federal Rapid Tests: Request up to four free tests per home, www.COVIDTests.gov.
Vaccinations for the Homebound: For in-home vaccination information, visit www.covid19.nj.gov/homeboundvax; 855-568-0545.