Recently Walmart provided a grant of $100,000 to the League Foundation. Their wish was to help address educational connectivity issues. After careful review, the NJLM Foundation has awarded first-round grants.
The League’s Educational Foundation is an informational resource for local government that offers timely research and a proactive approach to resolving the complex issues affecting NJ’s diverse communities. We bring together municipal officials, academics, government officials, business leaders, and other stakeholders to share their visions & hopes for the future of public policy; and their solutions to the compelling challenges facing the State.
Walmart has been a great supporter of the League Foundation and has provided funding that supports the small grants program from Sustainable Jersey. In a demonstration of their continued commitment to the State of New Jersey and its local governments, Walmart has again provided funding to assist local officials in addressing a significant challenge facing the State.
Recently Walmart provided a grant of $100,000 to the League Foundation. Their wish was to help address educational connectivity issues. In an effort to reach this objective the Foundation requested joint proposals from municipalities and school districts. The initiative’s intent was to bring these two vital divisions of government together in the hope of forming a more powerful solution to this widespread issue.
The Foundation requested proposals to address internet connectivity challenges related to virtual/distance learning. They included:
- Remote learning from school buildings with connectivity issues
- Limited internet access among students and faculty in particular school locations
- Shortage of necessary devices to access web-based services
- Priority was given to applicants who have a definable need and who demonstrate a partnership between the school districts and municipal officials.
After careful review, the NJLM Foundation has awarded first-round grants were awarded to the following:
- The Cumberland Regional School District, Upper Deerfield Township School District, and Upper Deerfield Township;
- The City of East Orange and the East Orange Public Schools;
- Farmingdale Borough and Farmingdale School District;
- The City of Jersey City and the Jersey City Public School District
- Morris Township and the Morris School District
- Town of Newton and Newton Public Schools
- Oxford Township and the Oxford Township School District
- South Toms Rivers Borough and the Toms Rivers Regional Schools
- City of Wildwood, NJ and Wildwood Public Schools
- Winfield Township and the Winfield Township School District
Contact: Mike Cerra, Executive Director, email@example.com, 609-695-3481 x120.