Gov. Murphy and State Police Colonel Patrick Callahan, yesterday, enacted Administrative Order 2020-06 amending which businesses are permitted to operate and clarifying ways in which some businesses may operate in accordance with Executive Order No. 107
Governor Murphy and State Police Colonel Patrick Callahan, yesterday, enacted Administrative Order 2020-06 amending which businesses are permitted to operate and clarifying ways in which some businesses may operate in accordance with Executive Order No. 107 as follows:
• Individual appointments to view real estate with realtors by individuals or families shall be considered essential retail businesses. Open houses are still considered impermissible gatherings.
• Car dealers may continue to conduct online sales or remote sales that are consistent with current law. In the event of such a sale, the car may be delivered to the purchaser or the purchaser can pick up the car curbside or in the dealership service lane.
• In accordance with the guidance released by the federal Department of Homeland Security, effective Tuesday, March 31, 2020, at 8:00 a.m., firearms retailers are permitted to operate–by appointment only and during limited hours–to conduct business which, under law, must be done in person. The NICS background check system will be up and running to process firearms purchases.
• Golf courses are considered recreational and entertainment business that must close to the public and to members associated with private golf clubs.
In addition, the Governor also announced that the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control (“ABC”) will be issuing guidance to allow microbreweries/brewpubs to provide home delivery to their customers. Home delivery had been prevented because of a ruling issued last May–ABC decided to relax that ruling today and allow for home delivery. For more information on the ABC’s guidance please see the League’s recent blog post.
• Frank Marshall, Esq., Associate General Counsel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-695-3481 x137.
• Lori Buckelew, Senior Legislative Analyst, email@example.com, 609-695-3481 x112.