- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
The Federal fiscal year begins today, October 1. Yesterday, the Senate and House passed a Continuing Resolution to fund the government through December 3 with $27 billion in new funding for disaster relief and refugee resettlement. Read on...
Federal budget issues of interest week of Sept. 24, including SALT Deduction Cap & Budget Reconciliation process proceeding. Read on...
The DLGS issued LFN 2021-16, addressing the Calendar Year 2022 fire district budget process. All fire districts must submit their applications through FAST. Only designated fire district officials may obtain FAST login credentials. Read on...