- Presenting your local budget to the public. Samples from Summit, Franklin Lakes, and Madison.
- Budget Process Overview (PDF): The Finance Center is a column that regularly appears in the League’s magazine, New Jersey Municipalities. This column is titled "Budget Process Overview" and appeared in the December 2016 issue.
- Department of Treasury’s Cooperative Purchasing Program: A link to the State’s Cooperative Purchasing Program, through which specific State contracts are eligible to local buying units.
- Purchase & Property: The Department of Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property website.
- Procurement Guide (PDF): Published by the Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ), basic guidelines of the everyday purchasing process.
- Governmental Purchasing Association of New Jersey (GPANJ): League members with questions about purchasing, or to view samples, please have your purchasing agent contact the GPANJ. The GPANJ is an affiliate organization that works with the League; an organization whose membership consists of purchasing agents from municipalities, school boards, counties, authorities, and other government entities.
Newark, Camden, and Trenton have left the State Health Benefits system, or are in the process of doing so. The SHBP Design Committee met to appoint a Super Conciliator. There was no action/discussion on the increase to the State Health Benefits program. Read on...
The application for State Library Aid (Per Capita) is now available. Applications must be submitted by March 15. Read on...
P.L. 2022, c. 23 prohibited municipalities from charging a fee for marriage and civil union licenses from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023. The state has released Marriage License Reimbursement Program procedures for municipalities. Read on...